Day trip to New York City Pt.2 Welcome to the Met

All pictures are used for personal use, and in no way shape or form are posted, or referenced to in an attempt to gain payments. All rights go to respected artists. 



This was my first time going to the metropolitan museum of art. This museum has plenty of  language options, and guided audio tours. There's also discount options for students, NY residents, and seniors.  I don't even know where to begin with this place (I know I always say this when it comes to museums, but, to be fair, I love LOVE any place that's a hub of knowledge. Can you blame me?) The information desk is in the center of the main foyer. There are kiosks off to the side where you can purchase your ticket, or scan in a prepaid ticket. (Also, this place has free wifi, so if you can't get to your ticket then pull up your email confirmation and get assistance from the help desk.) I went on an audio tour of of a couple of exhibits. The first thing I saw was a Gothic arch. I learned about how drastic and over the top it was in comparison to previous forms pf architecture. (Which is to be expected, considering that gothic architecture is characterized by it's "over the top-ness" . I looked at some sketches, and really wanted to go to the photography section.... but got distracted by the impressionist movement.  I can not express how much I love Monet paintings, so I won't rant on about is work. But. Let. Me. Just. SAY. I was not disappointed to see the collection of his work on the walls. I also like that Monet was next to a Manet rendition of a Monet, which if you compare the two, is drastically different.  I also looked at plenty of other artists. 




I made my way to the weapons and armor section and got to compare different designs to one another.










 

Before grabbing a bite to eat, I walked by some very interesting French style pottery , stain glass, and an intricate thrown.





The cafe was near an open statue garden. Many of the statues were made of marble, but some were made of Iron too.


At this point, I decided to leave the museum and head to the Nintendo center (Day trip to New York pt. 1) Once I finished shopping else wear, I came back to the museum, and got on the bus home. I hope I can visit NYC again. There is so much to explore, and do. 

Comments